Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22

Not a bad day over all today. Work was work. I got some more work done on the Anchorage trip I am takes some students on. I called to talk to the lady who is planning it. She is deaf, and I had to call via relay company. It has been college since I have used a relay company. I forgot how strange it was to have a third party in your phone conversation. Let me explain....The deaf can't use the phone like we use it...they can't hear...so as a hearing person I call a relay company and a 'translator' will type what I am saying into a TTY and the person who is deaf will read it then type their side of the conversation, and the 'translator' will read it to me. I've never like the third party. Oh well, I work with the deaf and I am sure I will use a relay company many more times in my life.

I had a dental appointment today. I had one of my teeth on the bottom left side pulled. There was about 1/4 of the tooth left. Lets just say that was not the high point of the day.

It was a nice warm day up here in the arctic. I think it got into the high 20s to low 30s. Yes for us that is warm.

Tomorrow morning I head out to Kivalina. It is one of the village around here. It is the farthest north village in our district. I am helping with some testing. I will be out there until Friday after school. I will post picture of the flight, and some of the village. I love taking pictures of the villages here in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment